Food Safety and Wash/Pack Facilities Training
June 15, 2020
Monday, 6:15pm - 9:15pm
Online webinar via Zoom
HostCornell Vegetable Program
email Robert Hadad
This virtual training, presented by Robert Hadad and Caitlin Tucker from the CCE Cornell Vegetable Program, will help farmers and workers understand the concepts of food safety from harvest to packing. This training will also cover facility design, operation for washing produce and cleaning/sanitizing to minimize the risk of possible microbial contamination. Topics will include:
- The Basics: Understand what is contamination, why do we care, and where does it come from?
- Identify sources and routes of contamination from field to Wash/Pack line - what to do about it
- Demonstrate the process of proper handwashing, and recognizing signs and symptoms of illness and injuries
- Understand the importance of prioritizing Wash/Pack design and function
- Review cleaning and sanitizing procedures for facilities and basic wash lines
- Review cleaning and sanitizing procedures for Wash/Pack equipment
This online Zoom webinar is FREE! For more information and registration, email Robert Hadad or call 585-739-4065.
2023 Potato Advisory Meeting
December 12, 2023
This year's Potato Advisory Meeting will include talks from Cornell faculty on insect pest and weed updates, as well as updates from this year's potato variety trials. Following lunch, there will be a round table discussion with fellow potato growers and industry members. DEC credits: 2.0 credits in 10, 1a, 23. This meeting is FREE to attendees and includes lunch!
2024 Finger Lakes Produce Auction Winter Growers Meeting
January 4, 2024
Penn Yan, NY
This annual meeting will present information on insect and disease management in fresh market vegetables in both field and greenhouse (high tunnel) vegetables, primarily for those growing for wholesale auction. Grafting, biological and, where appropriate, conventional spray options will be discussed. Berry production updates will be provided. A general session will include updates from the Food Safety Modernization Act. Judson Reid, Senior Extension Associate with the Cornell Vegetable Program along with CCE staff will instruct participants and facilitate peer-based learnings. DEC recertification credits will be offered.