Processing Beets and Carrots Advisory Meeting
All are invited to attend and discuss the 2021 growing season for each crop. Join us online or in-person. Cornell researchers will be on-hand to present an update on their research funded by the NYS Vegetable Research Association & Council. 2.0 DEC credits will be offered in categories 10, 1a, and 23.
9:00 AM Meeting Begins
- Processor Report on the 2021 Beet and Carrot Growing Season
- Recap of Insect, Disease, and Weed Problems Encountered in Beets and Carrots in 2021 -- Julie Kikkert, CCE Cornell Vegetable Program
- Evaluating OMRI-listed Herbicides for Annual Broadleaf and Grass Management in Organic Carrot Production Systems -- Ethan Grundberg, CCE Eastern NY Commercial Horticulture Program and Lynn Sosnoskie, Cornell
- Carrot and Weed Responses to Zidua, Nortron, and Goaltender on Muck Soils -- Lynn Sosnoskie, Cornell
- Warrant and UltraBlazer Injury in Table Beets as Affected by Crop Size at Application -- Lynn Sosnoskie, Cornell and Alan Taylor, Cornell
- Impacts of Electrical Weeding on Beet Injury and Vegetation Suppression -- Lynn Sosnoskie, Cornell
- Manipulating Carrot Growth Through Plant Growth Regulators -- Sean Murphy, Cornell and Sarah Pethybridge, Cornell
- Management of Table Beet Growth and Health Through Plant Growth Regulators -- Sean Murphy, Cornell and Sarah Pethybridge, Cornell
- Update on Rhizoctonia Root Rot Research in Table Beets -- Eric Branch, Cornell
- Update on Foliar Disease Forecasting and Management in Table Beets -- Sarah Pethybridge, Cornell
- Group Discussion Period and Review Priorities -- moderated by Julie Kikkert, CCE Cornell Vegetable Program
12:00 PM DEC and CCA Credit sign-out and Meeting Adjourn
The meeting is free of charge. Pre-registration is required for both the online and in-person meeting.
COVID-19 Statement: Face coverings will be required at all times at the in-person meeting to adhere to Cornell Regional Ag Team meeting COVID-19 guidelines. We will follow all other state, local, and venue guidelines at the time of the meeting.
No upcoming events at this time.