ONLINE Office Hours for Commercial Vegetable Growers
May 14, 2020
Online via Zoom
This event is free! Register to receive the Zoom link.
HostCornell Vegetable Program
email Elizabeth Buck
Got commercial vegetable questions? Get LIVE answers every Thursday night from 7:00-8:00pm! This event is hosted on Zoom or you can call in for farmer-driven production conversations, dynamic troubleshooting with CCE Specialists, and photo diagnostics of crop issues and pests. Learn how to identify the pests affecting your crops.
This week, the "office" will be staffed by the following educators:
- Elisabeth Hodgdon, Vegetable Specialist, CCE ENY Commercial Horticulture Program. Elisabeth will help answer pest management, high tunnel, and organic questions.
- Margie Lund, Vegetable Specialists, CCE Cornell Vegetable Specialist. Potato and dry beans are Margie's area of expertise! She can also answer your storage questions.
- Meg McGrath, Associate Professor of Plant Pathology, Long Island Horticultural Research and Extension Center. Meg is a vegetable disease expert in both conventional and organic production systems.
- Ali Nafchi, Precision Agriculture Specialist, Cornell Cooperative Extension. Ali is happy to help vegetable farmers learn how to use precision ag technologies to influence their production decisions.
Do you have a photo of your crop that you want help diagnosing? Email it to us in advance and we'll discuss it during the meeting.
NYS Processing Vegetable Industry Roundtable Meeting
March 18, 2024
Processing vegetable industry members who grow, manage, or support crop production for Farm Fresh First/Nortera Foods, Seneca Foods and/or Love Beets, are encouraged to sign-up for the 2024 NYS Processing Vegetable Industry Roundtable! You will:
- Network at this in-person meeting.
- Learn the results of industry-funded research.
- Have a voice in Cornell research and Extension.
- Earn 3.25 DEC pesticide applicator recertification credits
- Earn Certified Crop Advisor Credits
Oswego Muck Onion Growers Pre-Season Meeting: Stop the Rot, Nematodes and SLB Fungicide Resistance
March 20, 2024
Christy Hoepting and Frank Hay will get growers ready for the season with updates on managing Stemphylium Leaf Blight fungicide resistance, progress made towards understanding and managing bacterial bulb rot of onion, and results of the 2023 nematode survey and research project. 2.5 DEC recertification credits will be offered in categories 1A, 10 and 23.
2024 NYS Dry Bean Meeting and Cutting Event
March 22, 2024
The NYS Dry Bean Meeting will be paired with the annual Dry Bean Cutting Event again this year! The morning meeting will include presentations on the latest dry bean research in New York, with topics including market updates, white mold management, western bean cutworm management, dry bean variety testing, and incorporating NY dry beans into schools. 1.5 DEC credits will be available in categories 10, 1a, 21, 23. CCA credits will be available too.
The Dry Bean Cutting will follow the meeting and showcase the canned dry beans from the 2023 Dry Bean Variety Trial.